• History


    • For over a century and a half, “ALEXANDRAKIS” has offered quality, elegance and an eclectic mix of fashion and tradition to its discerning clientele. Housed at 27 Ermou Street, in the heart of Athens, the family-run enterprise is an oasis of harmony and elegance, linking past and present, even as it forges ahead into the future.

    • —1860

    • The company is founded in Athens as a clothing importer.


     

    • —1890

    • Dimitrios Alexandrakis joins the company.


    • —1907

    • Alexandrakis buys out his associate and remains sole owner.


    • —1933

    • The store moves to its current premises at 27 Ermou street. Owned by D. Alexandrakis, the building is designed by the architect Stamos Papadakis. Its distinctive Bauhaus-inspired architecture and elegant interiors offer, to this day, a refuge of harmony and elegance in the heart of Athens. Under Alexandrakis’ prudent leadership, the store weathers the tribulations of the Second World War and emerges as an established emporium offering high-quality fashions imported from several European countries.


     

    • —1954

    • Dimitrios Alexandrakis is succeeded by his son Eftychios, who continues the tradition of prudent management, innovation and an international orientation.


    • —1998

    • The Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry confers on Eftychios Alexandrakis the ‘’Enterprise and Tradition” award in recognition of the company’s success throughout its history.


    • Today, Eftychios Alexandrakis and his daughter Katerina are guiding the company based on longstanding traditional values and continuing innovation.